Free WordPress Tutorials, Workshops, and Courses
Want to learn more about WordPress? Choose from a variety of tutorials that cater to your personal learning style.
WordPress101.com has very easy-to-follow tutorials for everyone, regardless of technical knowledge.
FreeCodeCamp.org has numerous WordPress tutorials representing beginner to advanced users. They also have a 1-hour tutorial video on computer basics, if you really want to start from the very beginning.
WPBeginner.com has hundreds of beginner tutorials. Subscribe to their YouTube channel for more.
WPTuts is a YouTube channel and a great resource for beginners, intermediate, and advanced WordPress users.
Learn.WordPress.org also provides a growing number of tutorials. Here is a recommended course of tutorials to start with:
- Getting to Know the WordPress Dashboard
- Posts vs. Pages: What’s the Difference?
- How to Create a Post or Page with the WordPress Block Editor
- Intro to the Site Editor and Template Editor
- Applying Duotone Filters to Change Color Effects
- Using the Block Widget Editor
- Navigation Block: Create a Menu
- Organizing Your Media Library
- Choosing and Installing a Plugin
- User Management
Additional Learn.WordPress.org courses are available in the list below:
Depending on your local public library continuing education resources, you may be able to access LinkedIn Learning courses for free. Ask your librarian if your library has a subscription.
Access all of the upcoming and past workshops on Learn.WordPress.org with these links:
WordPress also has various webinars you can sign up for. If you miss any, they provide recordings of past webinars.